Sunday, December 5, 2010

Two Stories

Story #1:

On our drive through sparsely populated West Texas, our ears started popping as we gained elevation. Carter was whining a little, so Lorein asked him if he wanted a sucker and told him "it will help your ears." He said yes, unwrapped the sucker, and stuck it in his ear. I told him he could eat it, but he looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "No daddy. It's for my ears."


Story #2:

We went to church today. As we pulled into the church parking lot, the first parking spot was taken by a huge truck with a lift kit. It wasn't quite a monster truck, but it would be in a few years if it kept drinking its milk. The truck itself was an ad for a business. Painted on the side was a picture of a woman holding a small boy and a hand gun. To the side was written, in big letters, "Concealed Weapons Training" and "Protect Your Family." Welcome to Texas.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Hahaha...I love the Carter story!

Kathy said...

I will have to try the sucker trick with my kids...ha ha ha