Thursday, August 6, 2009

Diether Family Reunion 2009

As noted earlier, the Greater North American Diether Family Reunion (GNADFR for short) officially kicked off on Thursday but, due to a lame thing called the Bar Exam, I didn't make it until Friday afternoon. For details of any happenings pre-my arrival, check out Driel's blog.

I pulled up Friday around 1 and quickly realized that my family was totally different. First of all, my baby was suddenly a boy,

and second, my wife was suddenly a brunette.


Friday's highlight was the backyard carnival complete with cotton candy and snow cones.

As you can tell from Evan's expression, the fun was never ending.

Saturday, we hit up the lake. Carter wasn't a huge fan of the boat (although he did manage a couple of weak smiles and waves when Lorein was being pulled along behind). Fortunately, though, there was a pump around, which never fails to provide a good time.

Saturday evening ended with Diether Family Entertainment Night. In the words of General Conference . . .
pyramids were built,
songs were sung,
good times were had by all.

Sunday, we had family pictures. Here's ours:

Well, we're off to Maui tomorrow, so I can't say for sure when I'll post again. Let me remind you that Monk and Psych start tomorrow (it's Monk's final season). We'll be back Friday the 14th. Until then . . . Aloha.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I really love the pic of Logan with his snow cone! Life couldn't be better than that.
Thanks Chris for posting...huge thanks for the planning committee :)

Mary Ann said...

I really like your new family photo...so cute!

betsey said...

I want to come to the next Deither family reunion! Looks like fun. And Lorein, I like the brown...snazzy!

Phyllis said...

Welcome back Chris!

Phyllis said...

And Betsey we would love to have you at the next reunion!

Melanie said...

Lorein--you look gorgeous.
Looks like you are having tons of fun (especially with Bar Studying done!).