Friday, April 25, 2008

American Idol

Okay, I've decided I needed to comment on this week's American Idol. Clearly Jason and Brooke did the worst, but I wasn't surprised that Carly got kicked off. I mean, she sang a song that belittles Jesus! When you offend your voting base, it's unlikely they'll vote for you! As soon as she started singing, I said it was a bad choice. The thing that makes me really mad, though, is that Syesha keeps ending up in the bottom vote-getter group. She kicked booty Tuesday night and has been one of the best for the last few weeks, and she can't get out of the bottom two? It's driven me to the point where I think I'm actually going to have to start voting.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You didn't tell me you watch American Idol!.... ha ha ha.
Brooke shouldve been on the bottom. She's messed up SO MANY TIMES! But thank goodness my David Cook rocks the house every time.

Phyllis said...

I agree that Jason and Brook should have been the bottom two, but you are right about Carly, and I never did like her. I was glad to see her go!
I hope Brook can do better next week; she has had several rocky weeks now. Even if she has a good week she will go soon-baring something remarkable. I like Jason too. It is looking like the two Davids will be the final two. Both have a good fan base, and are both doing well. I am not as fond of David Cook as the last poster, but he is ok.

pms said...

I KNOW! Scott had that exact same theory. HE says that all of Kristy Lee's votes went to all American Brooke... and if Carly COULD have any of those she killed herself with the evangelicals by singing the Jesus song. Which... apparently is one of Scott's favorite songs, and ONLY musical he actually ever liked. And now I keep hearing Cooper singing it all over the house. Remember when Carey was little and he used to sing "Lovely Ladies" from Les Miserables? I guess Jesus Christ Superstar is mildly better?

pms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Ann said...

FYI: I voted for Brooke at least 30 times (the joys of unlimited text messaging). And if she has a bad week that just makes me want to vote for her more....I can't explain it, I just have a connection with her, plus I have her "Let It Be" version on my ipod.
Also FYI: When I was in Utah a couple weeks ago, The country station, The Eagle kept playing David Archuleta's "Smoky Mountain Memories" from the Dolly Parton week...he's already getting radio play (albeit in Utah.)

Phyllis said...

I am with you Mary Ann! I like Brook even when she has a bad week, and I hope she stays on! Thank you for all the votes.