Friday, April 4, 2008

Dodgers at the Coliseum

My dad and I went to the Dodgers-Red Sox at the Coliseum along with 115,000 other people. It was a lot of fun walking around the stadium before the game with all the tailgaters and mariachi bands. Dodgers' fans are a diverse and wild bunch. The field itself was a fun novelty, but I could see how it would get frustrating playing more than a few games there. The left field fence was only 201 ft. away, with a 60 ft. high screen. So, guys would hit scorching line drives off the wall that only went for a single, while others would hit little fly balls that would be outs anywhere else but would clear the screen for a home run. The best part is the Dodgers didn't even play with a left fielder. They just had Andruw Jones play up the middle like a rover while Andre Ethier covered left-center. Unfortunately, nobody hit a ground ball up the middle for Jones to field, although he did tag somebody out at second on a steal attempt. And now I can say I was part of the biggest crowd ever to see a major league baseball game!

3 comments:

Sine family said...

I don'y know if you were part of the biggest crowd. I think I was.

PS. You gave me a hard time about not emailing you and then I did and you never emailed me back. Sad Chris, very sad.

Sine family said...

Please tell me you are kidding about emailing me a second time. I got your first email and responded and never heard back.

Dustin Family said...

WRENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness, I was so excited to find your blog! I can't believe that you are pregnant!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so so so happy for you! We just wanted to say HI and we love you guys!!! We hope all is well for ya!! Love ya!!

Tifani (Josh and Madeline)