Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wise marital advice

I apologize for the lack of new posts, but there's been nothing going on! That's why I'm forced to share with you some of my law school reading. Here is some sound marital advice from Justice Owen Josephus Roberts (1875-1955), who served on the U.S. Supreme Court from 1930-1945, and who also, according to Wikipedia, chaired the fact-finding commission that investigated the attack on Pearl Harbor:

Public policy demands that in all ordinary circumstances, litigation between wife and husband during the life of the community should be discouraged. Law-suits between them would tend to subvert the marital relation. Poe v. Seaborn, 28 U.S. 101 (1930)

Thank you Supreme Court!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

One of Kent's favorite phrases, "So sue me."

Breezy said...

whoa...that is profound. yikes...cuz i was planning on at least one law suit against my husband.

Phyllis said...

Thank you for letting me know about the quilt.

Anonymous said...

hey lorein and chris it's brooke, fellow d.c. intern. i visited brian at the bio/ag stockroom today and lorein's little sister told me about your blog. i'm so happy that i can keep updated on you guys! we have a blog too, http://bbandcb.wordpress.com.

congrats on the baby too! what a good-looking kid you two will make!