Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm 26; I'm a man!

Since Justin viciously attacked my manhood (like a pack of dogs on a three-legged cat, as Jeff Foxworthy would say) with his comment to the previous post, I must take this time to defend myself. We are a month into the baseball season and I have only missed two or three Dodgers' games, and that's usually because the Sunday games are during Church. I've already been to the stadium twice this year, and I'm going again on Wednesday. I even watched today's game that started at 9am because the Dodgers were in Miami (luckily, I had a day off between finals). I have also watched a lot of the NBA playoffs, caught some Sportscenter, and waded into Baseball Tonight. It is this copious amount of sports television that brings me to concede the remote for such shows as Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, and What Not to Wear. Let the record show, however, that I refuse to watch Top Chef. Lastly, only a true sports fan would get the connection between this post's title and Mike Gundy's* rant.

* Oklahoma State football coach

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I didn't get the connection. I guess that means I don't pass the test. bummer.

David Crowther said...

Damn... you were meant to be a lawyer!

Driel said...

You tell him, Chris!!

Karl D. said...

Chris, I got the connection; one of the best rants in sports history (up there with Jim Mora's, "playoffs," rant and Dennis Green's, "they are who we thought they were," rant). Also, I am pretty sure Justin is lobing rocks from a glass house; Justin, I'm sorry, those shirts are pretty tight (not that I don't wear tight Under Armor gear too as Breezy can testify; I will even wear compression gear).

On the other hand, Chris, you would help your cause a little in Justin eyes if you have done any of the following in the last week:

1) Weighted Chins
2) Weighted Dips
3) Incline Dumbbell Press
4) Deadlifts
5) Bent over rows
6) Rack pulls
7) Push Press
8) Floor Press
9) RDLs
10) Back Squats
11) Front Squats

P.S.

I like Top Chef