Sunday, May 18, 2008

Kent and Melanie visit

So I haven't posted for a few weeks. Big deal. I've been busy. And it's not as if Lorein can't post! Anyway, the day after I finished my last final, our friends Kent and Melanie Freeze came to visit from Durham, NC. They're both getting their Ph.D.s at Duke in Poli Sci, and you can read their blog from the link to the side. I really enjoy their blog because Kent's really goofy (which is meant as a compliment). They were both in D.C. at the same time Lorein and I were in 2005, and we take 98% credit for setting them up. We allow Kent .5% for the courage it took to ask Melanie out, and Melanie 1.5% for the courage to say yes, but even that's stretching it. Our credit should definitely be closer to 99%, but whatever.
So, they came to visit and we had a great time. The only bummer was that it was cloudy and cold the entire week. And the Dodgers lost every game while Kent and Melanie were here. Maybe it's a good thing they finally left. Come to think of it, they left our house at 6:30a on Tuesday and when I got up at 7:30 it was totally sunny. And then the Dodgers took 2 out of 3 from the Brewers. Wow. Good riddance to the Freeze's!!

Kent and Melanie's first major league baseball game, which the Dodgers lost 12-1. We did get to sit in the "AmPm All-You-Can-Eat Pavillion" though. Kent had four hot dogs, a thing of nachos, a bag of popcorn, a bag of peanuts, and some sodas. Melanie didn't eat as much.

Kent busted out some pajamas, so I had to follow suit.

We saw some ducklings at the Venice canals, and you know I had to get a picture of that. I'm a sucker for ducks.

In the Getty Museum's Central Garden

View of Century City from The Getty.

Lorein, me, Melanie, Kent, and Mr. Higgins (my grandma's dog) in Temecula

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

How did Kent even pick up Mr. Higgins for that long?!!! He is such a fat (and funny) dog