Saturday, August 2, 2008

Butt Paste? Really?

I had one of the more surreal moments in my life tonight -- I bought my first tub of Butt Paste. Yessir, Butt Paste. I have to say though, the product's got some things going for it. First, I appreciate their honest marketing; they're not trying any crazy gimmicks, just telling you exactly what they're selling. If you're in the market for butt paste, you don't need to look for some cracy sounding pharmaceutical name. Nope, just look for "Butt Paste". Their website is even www.buttpaste.com. Second, they're proud of their product. It's not just Butt Paste, but "Boudreaux's Butt Paste". Boudreaux thought his product was so good, he wanted his name associated with it forever. Third, in addition to soothing sore bottoms, it also brings strangers together. While we were in Target, three people saw the Butt Paste in our cart and started talking to us about it. Including two dudes! One of the guys even offered his own testimonial about Butt Paste's effectiveness (I assume it was from his baby's usage). It was really surprising because he was like this super cool motocross guy, and there he was, extolling Butt Paste's virtues. I have to admit, I'm kind of sad it took me this long to purchase some Butt Paste, and I advise everyone to go straight to your local pharmacy and pick up a tub of your own.

5 comments:

Sine family said...

love this stuff

Clare said...

We go to the drug store and buy Paladin, and it works really well, but Butt Paste definitely has a certain ring to it.

Driel said...

I love Butt Paste! Way to go!

Kathy said...

Funny story...Sterling has great need for the stuff...so that is what my sister in law gave us as a baby gift! Oh the things you learn about with a new baby :)

David Crowther said...

If you got a kick out of that you're in for a treat. At a compounding pharmacy, where I did a rotation, we made Nana's Nipple Cream. It was designed for nursing mothers but our biggest buyers were marathon runners and tri-athletes.