Sunday, August 24, 2008

The latest from Carter

Here are a few highlights from last week...

Carter absolutely loves this little elephant that hangs on his bouncer. I think he must be kindred spirits with his cousin Moriah since she has a stuffed elephant that she loves too. There's a giraffe that hangs on the bouncer with the elephant, but he definitely prefers the elephant.

He even gives him dirty looks.

This is his deep sleep meditation pose...or something like that.

I think he might be thinking, "Wow, daddy's neck is starting to get scruffy."

His lounging pose.

Carter is starting to have more awake time where he's alert and looking around. I think he gets bored just hanging out with me in the apartment sometimes. So Chris takes him for walks and he is happy as a clam. This particular picture was for the Saturday morning donut run. Maybe he was just excited about getting donuts and it had nothing to do with the walk. It was pretty cold that morning because the marine layer still hadn't cleared, so he was decked out in a hat and blanket. I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm smothering the poor kid in August LA weather:-)

9 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I LOVE CARTER!!! He is the cutest baby ever! Plus, I love Lorein posts....it was a good blogging day today!

Mary Ann said...

P.S. I love his lounging pose...he is a natural!

the youngs said...

Donut run!! Did you go to the place on Sawtelle and Palms--get an apple fritter for me next time! :) By the way, cute kid!!

Breezy said...

of course he loves the elephant. how funny!

Driel said...

Elephants are wonderful! He is getting some cute "boofers". He is a cutie! I love the donut run picture.

Melanie said...

Mmmmm donuts.

Cary said...

Chris, thanks for being such a great example. You and Lorein are fun to read about. I love you.

P.S. this is Cary

Britney and Jaron said...

Lorein,
Driel informed me today that you had a blog and a baby. I was so excited so I had to come check it out. You and Chris are so funny. I especially loved the Butt Paste part. Anyway your little boy is a cutie and isn't it great being a mom!? You can check out my blog at jbrimetime.blogspot.com cause I would love to hear from you! :)

Kathy said...

Love your new family picture. You all are looking good! Like the haircut Wrenny and Carter is definitely the star. He is super cute.