Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer job is over

I finished my summer internship at Hughes Hubbard & Reed on Friday. Overall, I thought it was a very good experience and I really liked the other attorneys. Also, the big plus about working at a big firm is that the cases are usually pretty interesting -- it's the stuff you read about in the newspaper.
That being said, I'm a little annoyed because they're not going to meet until next week to decide if they're going to give me an offer or not. That's annoying because law firms are coming this week to UCLA to interview, and I really, really, really don't want to go through the interview process again, but if I don't interview and HHR doesn't give me an offer, then I'll have to interview without the aid of the on-campus interviews. Basically, I'm between the rock of not wanting to interview again and the hard place of having to make sure I have a job
That last paragraph sounded depressing, but I don't want to give you readers the wrong idea. I'm not actually worried, just annoyed at not knowing. I think I did a good job over the summer and my reviews were positive, so I think I'll be fine. I just wish I knew. I mean, I need a job because this kid just keeps eating and eating!

7 comments:

Driel said...

Look at that adorable tummy! You better get a job.

Breezy said...

GEEZ!!! that boy is eating!! what good parents!

Kathy said...

Wow, he's a big boy now...but I would bet that my baby still weighs more :) What a cute tummy (and a cute boy). GET A JOB :)

Phyllis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phyllis said...

Chris, if you think this post is a non-baby post you are very mistaken.:) With Carter as the visual center of the post it is a baby post.
I removed the above post, because of a type error. I hope I don't have one this time.

Mary Ann said...

Oh NO! He inherited the Crall genes (and not the skinny Deither genes)....poor kid!

betsey said...

Carter's tummy makes me so happy! I can't stand it! Give him a big Raspberry on that chunky tummy from me :)