Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trip to Vegas

For the holiday weekend we went to Vegas to visit with my family. Driel, Evan, and Moriah drove down from Provo to hang out with us. It was great to see them and my parents. We also got to see my sister Breezy and my brother Chandler for one night before they headed back up to BYU. Something of note that we learned from the trip is a confirmation of Carter's expensive taste in cars. He hated the drive there and back from Vegas or anytime we put him in our car, but he loved riding in Justin's Cadillac and in Driel and Evan's Infiniti. It's luxury cars or nothing for this kid. Here are some highlights from the trip:


Carter and Driel just chillin. I'm pretty sure the spot on Driel's dress is from Carter's drool...not her own. I'm sure Driel will appreciate me
pointing that out:-)

If you ever wanted to know where Moriah was all you had to do was find Grandma. Moriah was glued to her side and very protective. She did not want Grandma holding Carter. She didn't really like it when her mom or dad held Carter either, but it was much worse if Grandma did. A girl's gotta defend her territory.

Here's Carter relaxing after getting out some major "miseries" as my brother Ammon calls them. To everyone else it was just a bowel movement. But he really felt so much better afterwards that he fell right to sleep almost instantly.
My brother Justin walked around with Carter like this for a long time and Carter loved it. Notice how our little chubbo's stomach is overflowing his diaper even when Justin is trying to help him out by sitting him up straight.

This is what Moriah looks like after enjoying some sweet rocky road ice cream. Who can blame her?
And this is just proof for my dad that Carter really does smile. He was a pretty serious little guy most of the time we were there.

8 comments:

Breezy said...

ohhh i wish i was there longer!!! that last picture is soo cute! and moriah is soo funny!!

Phyllis said...

Really nice pictures Wren. Thanks for the visit!

Driel said...

I love the smiling picture. I miss him! The picture of mom and Moriah is adorable. The ice cream picture is funny. His belly button is sooo cute.

Driel said...

Also, you never know these days. I drool so much since I am pregnant. It might have been me:-)

Kathy said...

Wish we could have come. I bet it was a nice trip. Carter is so cute...I really like the pic with Justin.
I can't wait for the little cousins to meet :)

crallspace said...

Are we related?

The 'Chard said...

He's a looker.

Dustin Family said...

WRENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so gorgeous and your baby is so handsome!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sorry I know I'm late! Your blog makes me so happy! I just want to say that you and Chris are awesome and we miss your fun personalities! Well... I love ya, even if I'm not a very good friend!! Congrats on the kid... he is amazing and adorable!!!