Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Family Pictures

When we were in Temecula for Carter's blessing we were lucky enough to take family pictures with the Crall side of the family. It was great to get some shots of our new little family. On the flip side however, I've never dreaded family pictures before. Granted it is usually not the most exhilarating experience, but how hard is it to show up and smile? Well that was before Carter. I don't know if I've ever worked harder in a 2 and 1/2 hour period (yep, you read that right 150 minutes!). It was really tricky trying to keep him happy for the photos while also trying to get him propped up enough so people could see him. I know it will probably only get harder as he advances into toddlerhood and I feel for anyone who has more than one young child and takes family photos. You deserve a medal. Here are some of the shots:








I know, I know, most of them are of Carter...I think that's how everyone in Chris' family felt too. But isn't he great?!

6 comments:

Sine Die said...

Hey at least you got some super cute pictures. So I guess it was worth it. Its actually easier when they get older because then you can bribe them to smile and sit still.

Breezy said...

wow! those look amazing though! they are so pretty...carter can't help it he is so in demand.

Driel said...

That is such a long time, but what pretty pictures. Love it!

Kathy said...

I love photos so it must be worth the trouble, right? They are all great!

Shari said...

I know I am never going to live that down. The photog was into it, and we were into it, and since I wasn't stopping to nurse Carter and trying to keep him happy, but just thinking how adorable he was. . . I know, paltry excuses. SOOOO SORRY! And Lorein really sacrificed her body even more, having an allergic reaction to the grass.

Shari

Clare said...

Cami pooped the bloomers of her dress when we took our first family pictures. Luckily, none of it ended up on her dress.