Sunday, April 12, 2009

LCLA -- the hot new fashion designer

Since we're too lazy to do laundry every day (or even every week), Carter's been running low on pants. That wouldn't be a problem except that we've had a pretty cold Spring (you know, like only 60 degrees). So, the other day I brought the problem to Lorein's attention, who responded "What do you want me to do about it?" even though I posed the dilemma in a completely non-confrontational manner and in no way suggested she was culpable in the matter. Anyway, I answered that she should make him some pants. She said "I don't know how to do that!", and I left for school. She must've soon remembered her quilting prowess, however, because when I returned, she'd busted out like 200 pairs of pants from various fabrics she found around the house, including an old sweatshirt. Here's a sampling, juxtaposed against the brilliant background of our industrial carpet. Either way, I believe it proves that Lorein is freakin' incredible! It is also a great find in these tough economic times. If you would like Lorein to make you or your loved one a pair of pants from old fabric, just send us $25 plus $5 S&H, and she'll see what we can do. If that price tag seems a bit high, just remember that a large portion of all sales will go directly to helping needy families* in Los Angeles.

On a different note, my Uncle Skip, Aunt Michelle, and their two kids, Nicholas and Abby, came to Santa Monica for Spring Break. We wanted to make sure we got some pictures, but our picture card was full. So, Lorein spent some of the drive up to The Getty -- where we were going to meet them on a beautiful day, perfect for pictures -- erasing some of the crummier pictures to open up some picture space. Of course, we then spent a few hours at The Getty and didn't take a single picture. We did get some at the beach, but Carter wasn't smiling in the picture with Nicholas and Abby, so I'm not going to post it (unlike the Los Angeles Times, I exercise integrity in my publishing). Instead, here's a picture of him trying to get a tan despite Lorein's 19 layers of protective coverings (and look, he's wearing the pants she made him!).


* it may actually only go to one needy family

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Lorien is so totally cool! You go girl. I also love the fine print...only one needy LA family will be getting my money :)

Anonymous said...

Those pants are stylin.

Also the sun bathing Carter is a
tan-o-holic

Look at the get up. Sweet.

He is going to be a bronzed deity
in no time

Driel said...

Those pants are awesome. We need Lorein near us:-) Good job at keeping Carter from getting burned unlike someone I know.

KB said...

I wish I had mad sewing skills...

April Celeste Garff said...

I can't believe you know how to make baby pants! You'll have to teach me sometime.

Breezy said...

DANG lorein!! Carter is so stylish. and CHris is FUNny!

Mary Ann said...

I'm glad Carter was so well=protected from the sun! And I LOVE the pants....so talented Lorein!