Saturday, July 9, 2011

Carter's Birthday - Number 3!

Carter turned 3 on Thursday.  We didn't have his party until Friday -- we've yet to celebrate his birthday on his actual birthday (last year, we did it 5 days early so I could be there before I went off to join the Army).  Since we weren't ready to turn our house over to a bunch of screaming, sticky-fingered, boogery nursery-ites, his party was a small time affair.  It was just our family and my Army buddy Phil (earlier in the week, I asked Carter who he wanted at his party.  He answered 'Just me and Caleb and Mommy.'  I asked if I could go and he replied, 'Oh sure Daddy.  Sure, you can come too.'  I'm glad he relented because I had a very fun time, and Lorein's cake was really delicious.)

We made sure he had a full day of fun too.  He woke up to a big "Happy Birthday" sign and some balloons in the family room.  Then Lorein took him for some donut holes.  Donut holes are quickly becoming his favorite; they're like little baby donuts!  Unfortunately, Lorein and I are getting addicted to them too.  Then, they met me at work for lunch.  We gave him the choice of McDonald's or Chick-Fil-A, but Lorein did some manipulative persuading so he'd choose the latter (she told him he could have ice cream if he chose Chick-Fil-A).  For dinner, we had spaghetti and then, it was PARTY TIME!!!   









I think he was in shock from his haul.

And a little giddy.


His Aunt Mary Ann really hooked him up.

What the what?!  This better be filled with Dr. Pepper!


Hmmmm . . . cuuuupcaaaaake.

Lorein's homemade frosting is like a dreamy cloud . . . but only if the cloud were made of sugar instead of water vapor.  I've always found that water vapor doesn't totally satisfy me.  By the way, Lorein says the key is real butter and heavy whipping cream.

4 comments:

Katie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I swear I saw him (somewhat) recently, but this kiddo looks so much older!

Phyllis said...

It looks like it had a good time, and Caleb looks pretty happy too. Very cool!

Mr. Lee said...

Who took the pics for Carter's bday? Those are professionally done.

Mary Ann said...

Oooh - It looks like he liked my presents...Woo Woo:)
Happy Birthday Carter!