Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas vacation in Vegas

We spent most of our Christmas vacation in Las Vegas which turned out to be surprisingly chilly. Nothing like, say, Ottawa, but cold for us nonetheless. I didn't get to wear shorts a single time! On the one hand, it was nice to have cold weather help us feel like it was really Christmas, but on the other hand, we were in Las Vegas dang it! It should be warm! Anyway, I enjoyed watching the little tykes open their presents, even though it only served to make me jealous. Ah, the good old days when a remote control car could keep me busy for hours even when it didn't have batteries.
Here's Bridget, Calvin, and Logan, in that order. Bridget got a new dress, Calvin a R/C car, and Logan that fabulous red hooded sweatshirt (launch into Adam Sandler song now).

I was told to get a picture of Bridget's new dress or else, so here it is. I also have one of her enthusiastically pulling off all her clothes in order to put on the new dress, but I didn't feel it was appropriate to place on the internet. I didn't want to ruin her chances for future political office, or even for a beauty pageant crown. Plus, Phyllis had curlers in her hair and I didn't know how she would feel about such a picture. In other words, I have racier photos, but if you would like to see them, you need to convince both Bridget and Phyllis to put their consent to the photos' release in writing.

The best part of the vacation was the romantic European getaway Lorein and I were able to take. We saw Paris and got our picture in front of the Eiffel tower; we toured Bellagio and watched the gondolas in Venice; we even made a stop in New York (which isn't in Europe but was the site of our first date) -- all without leaving the Las Vegas strip. Lorein has always said she wanted to go to Italy, so I was able to fulfill that dream AND save a lot of money.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

The eiffel tower made me laugh. Sounds like a fun anniversary!

Driel said...

I hope you get the release for the picture!

Breezy said...

ha...you so didnt get out of taking lorein to Italy.that doesnt even count chris!!!

Phyllis said...

Thank you for holding the picture of me. I already have too many of me in curlers.