Sunday, January 13, 2008

I saw Carson Daly!

Sean McKissick and I went to the driving range on Friday. As we walked up to the tees, we noticed a big sign that read "FREE Golf Lessons with a former MTV VJ". (There was also a notice from NBC saying that anybody that walks past that point consents to their image being on tv, but Sean and I agreed that that couldn't be legally binding. I mean, what if you didn't notice the sign? Or what if you couldn't read?) Since the only former vj I know of is Carson Daly, I was hoping it was him. AND IT WAS! It took me a little while to recognize him since he is 10 years older than when I used to watch him on TRL, and he had a hat on. But it was him. I know I should've gotten a picture, but I had an avocado stain on my shirt, so I was too embarrassed to approach him. What if I passed the sign and then got put on national tv with a green splotch on my stomach?! I didn't want to take the risk. It's true, there are a lot of circumstances when it's advantageous to have an avocado stain on your shirt, but meeting Carson Daly at the driving range isn't one of them. Even when Carson came and sat down on the bench right behind me, I just kept hitting balls and tried to avoid eye contact. I mean, he really lost my respect when he dumped Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Sean informed me that Carson has a late, late, late show that airs after Conan, so that's why it was NBC filming. The funniest part about the encounter was that they kept filming even while Carson just sat on the bench. He wasn't even saying anything, just sitting there. That should make for some riveting late, late, late night television. I now finally realize the damage this writers' strike is doing.

For those of you who don't know, here's Carson Daly. He didn't look this good at the driving range.

3 comments:

Breezy said...

no...WAY! that is SO sweet!

but honestly...just watching daly sit there on tv...almost as good as watching fishing

Driel said...

Thanks for picture, Chris. I would have had to google him to know who he was:-)

Melanie said...

I bet he wasn't saying anything because he was thinking, "Dude, is that an avacado stain on that guy's shirt?" He was probably shocked beyond belief.