Sunday, October 12, 2008

A BIG Thanks!

Carter would like to thank his Grandma Phyllis and his Aunts Kristi, Kathy, Jeanette, Driel and Breezy! His new quilt is adorable and it looks even better in person. My camera work doesn't do it justice.

It's a tradition in our family for the girls to embroider blocks for a baby quilt whenever someone has a baby. Then my mom sews appliques on the other four blocks, sews it altogether and then hand quilts it. That's right, I said HAND quilts it. What can I say, my family is amazing. Here's the fabulous quilt:



This is a true sign of Carter's love for the quilt. He immediately spit up on it. He spits up on everything he likes.

Hopefully you can click on this picture and get a better idea of all the details that go into the quilt. It's pretty impressive. Thanks everyone!!!


7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I wish I were that talented! Lucky Carter!

Phyllis said...

Thanks Lorein. It looks even better with Carter on it. Your camera work catches the blocks very well, as well as the quilting details.

Shari said...

Wow! that is so great! It is just beautiful and Carter looks so big on it! He is really changing fast. I clicked on the photo and could really see the blocks well. Way to go Diether women!

Katie said...

gorgeous quilt! hats off to everyone involved.

Breezy said...

dang...carter gets all the good stuff!!

Kathy said...

Go Carter...enjoy that beautiful quilt.

Driel said...

He is such a cutie! I love the quilt also.