Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What do I do now?

Congratulations to the Phillies on their World Series victory -- it was nice to see the National League win it. But alas, another baseball season over and gone. I must now shift to off-season mode, where I check Dodgers.com and ESPN.com multiple times a day to read about possible moves, trades, and free agent signings; where I scour the earth for every tidbit about the Winter Meetings; where I ponder and debate what various teams should do . . . wait, this sounds like my normal routine anyway. Needless to say, Lorein's first sentence after Brad Lidge struck out Eric Hinske was "Yeah, Baseball's over!". Yes Lorein, baseball is over, but at least pitchers and catchers report in February!

Carter cried out in anguish when he heard he had to wait four more months for Spring Training to start. Or maybe it was because his jacket was so tight.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Baseball is SO BORING to watch, I agree with Lorein. Football is funt o watch because it has a much faster pace and more excitement.

Katie said...

i will accept your congratulations on behalf of the phillies.

thank you.