Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wicked: The Musical

I'm sorry I'm the only one who posts. I try to get Lorein to, but she just says her life is too boring. She assumes you don't want to read about sitting in an office all day. I tell her there's a whole tv show about that and we watch it faithfully! Plus, it's not like my life is any more exciting, yet I can still find stuff to write about! Although I guess it is true she didn't see Carson Daly at the driving range.
Anyway, Lorein and I headed over to the Pantages Theater in glorious (and by "glorious" I mean "somewhat trashy") Hollywood to see Wicked. You know, the musical. We've been wanting to go for awhile, but it was out of our price range until we got tickets for Christmas. It was a very entertaining and funny musical, although the scene where the Wizard releases the flying monkeys is one of the scariest things I've ever seen in my life. Those crazy monkeys are creepy enough in the movie -- I didn't need to see them live and in spooky costumes! The acting and music were great, but I was a little put off by the story line. I was fine suspending my disbelief that the Wicked Witch was actually the nice, warm-hearted, conscientious one and Galinda the do-anything-for-fame one, but they lost me when they tried to explain the origins of the Lion, Tin Man, and Scarecrow. That was a bit too far-fetched. The big question, though, is would I go see it again? Absolutely. If somebody gave me tickets.
Lorein and I in the fabulous lobby of the theater. It's too bad the photo came out too dark. We need a new camera. Hey! Hint, hint, for my b-day coming up in approximately 15 days.

Here's my mom, Shari, and Lorein pointing at a scary looking statue dude that is, once again, obscured by the darkness of the photo.

The lady attendees of the show: Lorein, Shari, and my Grandma Ginny.

3 comments:

betsey said...

Cute pictures! Glad you guys had so much funny at Wicked. And I am glad that Chris sort of enjoyed himself!

Melanie said...

I like the music from Wicked, but now you mention those monkeys, I don't know if seeing the musical would be worth the nightmares.

Mary Ann said...

I'm going to see Wicked on Tuesday night....20th row, I do have an extra ticket....$91 bucks though.
And how come I find out about this blog from Keri Nilsen (who found it via Heidi's blog via Breezy's blog.) I mean really don't you think your own family should know about your blog
........And one more thing, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!