Monday, June 16, 2008

David graduated!!

David graduated from H.S. on Friday (the 13th -- ooohhh!). It was a good ceremony, mainly because they moved it back a couple of hours, so it wasn't as hot and the night breeze came through. They didn't change the cheesy musical fare, however. At Cary's graduation, the senior dance team did an interpretive dance to "You Raise Me Up" and the principal used that as the theme of his speech; this time, the senior choir did an arrangement of it. Lorein groaned as soon as she read the program. Why doesn't anybody else think that is a horrible, horrible song? Do you know anybody that has downloaded it? If you have, speak up, don't be ashamed! I'm sure David Archuleta listens to it multiple times a day. I'm surprised he didn't sing it every week last season. Anyway, I'm proud of David for graduating and for moving on to BYU.

He's second from the last in this picture.
It's blurry because it was taken by a 14 yr. old. You just can't trust teenagers these days. Back when I was a teenager, we knew how to take un-blurry pictures, and that was before digital cameras! Anyway, from left to right: Gr. Ginny, Gr. Riley, Mary Ann, David, Mom, Dad, Me, Lorein.
I asked him to crouch down for the picture, but he wouldn't.

3 comments:

betsey said...

How come your brother is a giant Chris? What is that about? Congrats to David, what a great day! I'm glad you guys were able to make it down to celebrate this accomplishment

Phyllis said...

Hey Breez you were up early to offer congratulation to David! I will add mine-way to go David.

Mary Ann said...

FYI: I've downloaded You Raise Me Up (hello...it's Josh Groban singing!) But I have to agree that the Senior Choir doesn't really match up to Josh Groban's version. I flinched through the whole song (the either didn't have a good sound system or they were really horrible!)
Yeah for Dave to graduate!