Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fight On SC vs. Eight Clap UCLA

Lorein's boss was out of town so Carter and I accompanied Lorein to work. We parked in the USC parking structure and made our way across campus to Lorein's office. People kept casting sidelong glances at us, rolling their eyes, etc. I was thinking, "Haven't these people ever seen a baby before?!" After one particularly egregious glare, however, I happened to look down and realized I was wearing my UCLA shirt. I can't believe I wasn't shot! (you know how dangerous it is over by USC; it's not like the eden of Westwood Hills) I walked the rest of the way holding Lorein's laptop across my chest and was able to avoid any further incidents.

And just for the heck of it, here's a picture of Carter planning how he will continue his Machiavellian and tyrannic rule over our apartment.

6 comments:

Keri said...

That is the funniest story ever!! I am glad you didn't get shot. You were definitely taking a chance.

Driel said...

He does look like he is planning something pretty tyrannical. I am glad that you did not get shot.

Phyllis said...

You are living on the edge with that encounter. And Driel is right Carter looks busy thinking.

Melanie said...

That was one close call. I am really glad you had a laptop available.

Mary Ann said...

good thing they didn't try to steal the laptop...then you really would've been shot. Carter IS SO CUTE!

Kathy said...

Scary, good thing you have a cute boy to make life fun.