Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pushing Daisies Redux

So, after reading Kent's comment to my post about "Pushing Daisies", I realized I do have to modify my initial glowing review. He was right that the episodes this season have been resolved deus ex machina. This last week was the first one in awhile that the characters actually figured out the crime and caught the criminal as opposed to the announcer coming on at the end and saying "Here's what happened . . . ". Also, the show this season has been way dirtier. Last season certainly had its sexiness -- I mean, Olive does show a lot of cleavage -- but the show itself was pretty innocent even if you the viewer couldn't help wondering how Ned and Charlotte got along living in the same apartment unable to touch. This season, however, we've seen Charlotte drop her robe for Ned, Emerson get it on with Simone, and just a general uptick in sexual references and innuendo. I'm also appalled at the direction they've taken Ned's character. He was a sweet piemaker, but now they're turning him into Rambo. He's plotting revenge, telling people he's going to kick so and so's a**, and throwing out random s.o.b.'s. Finally, what's up with the stupid plot lines of Ned suddenly having two twin half-brothers and Charlotte's aunt actually being her mother? Last season, "Pushing Daisies" was refreshing; this season, it's chasing Hollywood cliches. Writers: leave the show alone! You had it right last year, Why are you changing it? Anyway, I'm going to keep watching because it gives me something to do when I'm home watching Carter, but unless the next few episodes get a lot better, I probably won't be too sad if it does get axed.

4 comments:

Katie said...

agreed. i recommended the show to all of my family, and even got my sister the first season on DVD. now i'm embarrassed because they are finally all watching and wondering what i was thinking. sigh.

Phyllis said...

I have been trying to talk George into giving it a try, but I guess I will pass now. Thanks Chris.

Beverly said...

Yeah...I heard that it is getting axed.

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/tips-memulai-bisnis-kuliner-daerah-pakai-pinjaman-uangteman