Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's been one week . . .

It's been a bittersweet week. First, Renee, Drew, and Corinne came to visit us. That's sweet because we got to see the kids, but bitter, obviously, because Renee had to come along as well. They went to see Wicked, as these pictures attest. Unfortunately, they weren't able to figure out that you can put more than one person in a picture, so I have to post three separate pictures.












As a critical review, Renee and Corinne said it was awesome, but Drew thought it was a little cheesy. I, however, find that hard to believe because who's ever known a Broadway musical to be cheesy?
Second, my Dad got tickets for he and I to go to the NCAA Tournament in Anaheim. That was sweet because it was a lot of fun, but bitter because, once again, BYU is erased in the first round. I was a little miffed they'd only gotten an 8 seed, but they've pretty much empirically proven now they don't deserve anything higher. Before the game, all I read was how Texas A&M had no inside presence, and yet, they seemed to get every rebound. Where is our toughness down low? It does create another sweet, though. Now I don't have to harbor any doubt whatsoever about who to root for -- UCLA or BYU. It looked like they would end up playing in the 2nd round, and I was a bit conflicted. I mean, I wanted UCLA because they have a legit shot at the title, but it also would've been really, really cool if BYU had gone to the Sweet 16.
This picture was taken at halftime, when we were still happy because BYU had tied the game.

2 comments:

Driel said...

Chris, your life is rough having to post all those pictures;-)

Renee said...

You are such a dork! Your just jealous that you weren't the one to forget to take a picture outside the theatre and instead had to use the poster in a parking garage to show we went to see the broadway show!!! We do appreciate the hospitality of dealing with us. Sorry we forgot your cereal.