Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Stop the presses! My parents came to visit!

It was amazing! My parents (and Mary Ann) actually came to visit us! It's the first time they've made the trek since we moved in. Every other attempt has been thwarted by some act of God. I got a text message in the morning and I thought for sure it was going to be my mom telling me they had to take Mary Ann back to the ER and that they weren't coming, but it turned out to be a spam message. They came! They actually came!
They picked a good weekend too because it was gorgeous. We went and walked around the Venice canals -- I know, you thought they were only in Italy, but it turns out you can save a bunch of money and we'll show you some canals just as good. And we saw the house in Beverly Hills where my dad lived during his final years in high school. And we ate wonderful Brazilian food. And we had frozen yogurt. And it was a great weekend.

Parental warning: Lorein's demon eyes may scare young children.

6 comments:

betsey said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that you got to enjoy a visit from your parents...and Mary Ann! What a treat!

Lil Bubbaz said...

Whoa! Thanks for the warning about the demon eyes. And thanks for writing a blog in BOM style.

Lorein said...

Wow, thanks for posting such attractive pictures of me...:-/

Beverly said...

Venice canals huh? Never been. I'll have to take the hubby and attempt to check them out! I'm happy that your parents (and Mary Ann (?)) got to visit you and your wife! By the way, your wife looks so pretty pregnant! I mean, not that she is unattractive as an unpregnant person, but this is my attempt at trying to make her feel better after reading her comment about the "attractive pictures" of her that you posted. :)

Evan said...

Lorein!

You look fantastic. I love your outfits. You are going to have to move to Provo so I can be a cute pregnant lady like you.

Chris!

That is wonderful your parents came. I want to see some canals!

Driel (not Evan)

Lorein said...

Thanks for the kind words Beverly and Driel! It really does make me feel better=)

Driel, my wardrobe is slowly dwindling as I continue to expand. Getting dressed everyday has been an adventure, but I think I'm going to have to break down and go shopping! It's not as fun when you feel massive though...=)