Sunday, July 27, 2008

Carter's rough night

In my ongoing endeavor to find out how smart and advanced Carter is, I offered him $120 to stop crying the other night, but he didn't take it. That doesn't bode well for his street sense. I mean, he didn't even need to actually fall asleep. He could've just pretended and I would've paid him all the same. Oh well, maybe he'll be good at chess.
On a related note, he had his first fever last night. He was crying and we couldn't figure out what was wrong, so of course, we put him in his warmest pjs and kept wrapping him in blankets. He just went on screaming (my boy has finally found his lungs) and we were dumbfounded b/c he wouldn't eat or anything. Finally, we thought, "what if he's hot?" We took off his pjs and sure enough, the kid was boiling. I laid him next to me by the window, and he started to cool down. Of course, he made us pay for our stupidity by peeing in our bed and making us change the sheets at 5am. Anyway, his fever broke and he's been happy as a clam today.

"My Daddy's so handsome!"

Check out his sweet duds from Richard, Betsey, and future girlfriend Nora.

"I hate it when Mommy dresses me up to match her! She's so mean!"
Actually, I couldn't stop laughing after I took this picture. He wasn't even crying -- he just made this super sad face right when I pushed the shutter.

7 comments:

Clare said...

We were lucky - Cami didn't have her first fever until she was about a year old. We were living here with my parents, and Mom was smart enough to figure it out sooner than Clint & I would have. But not for a lack of trying - Clint was always taking Cami's temperature when she was tiny.

Breezy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breezy said...

so in my first comment i said dude that was so funny! But I was talking about that picture with lorein! but it sounded like I meant his fever...which is NOT funny. its so sad the poor little guy!

and its funny that he finally found his lungs because I just posted about how he never cried while I was there!

Mary Ann said...

Poor little Carter....I'm glad he is doing better today.....and the last picture with Lorein is pretty funny! But I do love when they wear matching outfits, because it looks SO CUTE!!!!

Driel said...

I love him in his turtle outfit! Adorable! The last picture is way funny. I have to say that Carter is way advanced because what would he have done with $120. He knows what he wants and he is going to be awesome at Chess.

Kathy said...

It is so hard to know what is wrong. He just got shots, I assume at his doc appt. That is probably the cause of the fevers. It is so sad when they are miserable. Glad he's doing better...and so cute!

betsey said...

I'm glad you guys were so resourceful to figure out how to lower his little fever. I probably wouldn't have figured out what to do. Way to go good parents :)

I need to show Nora pictures of Carter so that they can get to know each other :) Their romance will start on the internet :)