Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bring on the sun

Growing up in Vegas we didn't get much rain, so when we did I can honestly say I liked it. Obviously it doesn't rain much in Southern California either...until this week. It rained from Sunday night through Friday. Cabin fever was setting in hard for Carter and I, so we all rejoiced when the sun was shining today. It wasn't quite back up to the 78 degrees it was before the rain set in, but hey we'll take what we can get:-)

We would usually get some 30-minute intervals where it was only drizzling/sprinkling and then I would race to get outside and let Carter splash around in the puddles. We also still took walks in the stroller and always came back drenched (well I did - I managed to keep Carter relatively dry). He even fell asleep on one of the walks; it was worth the extra laundry.

Here's a view of the rain from our balcony window
One of the intervals


Gotta check the mail


I must have told him it was time to go inside


Carter is positive they put this fire hydrant there to be his personal jungle gym.

So happy to be outside!
To celebrate the sunshine today, we went to the park and Carter also got to do some putting practice with dad after he came home from work (I know, it's Saturday!).


4 comments:

Phyllis said...

It was raining when I got up here in Vegas yesterday, but it cleared and we had a beautiful day. It was nice after much rain. It is colder here as well, and the wind toward evening had bite.
Carter looks very happy to be outside!

betsey said...

Ummmm....why is Carter dressed for the arctic tundra? Was it really that cold? I don't bundle Nora up that much here in Cleveland :) Maybe I'm just a stinky mom....

I'm trying to feel a little sympathy for you here in the Cleve, but we've been experiencing a heat wave here...It was 30 degrees yesterday! Go Cleveland!

Mary Ann said...

He looks so cute in his raincoat and boots - and he's getting SO BIG! I bet Carter threw his golf club down in the last pic, because he missed the putt....imitating his dad, perhaps?!

Kathy said...

Can we say snow! You might have cool weather and dreary days, but winter came back for us...intermittent cold/snow with the sun peaking out for short amounts of time. Gotta get out when you can :) I have to agree with Carter, the fire hydrant looks like it was made for climbing on.