Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Carter's Birthday

I know what you're thinking - wasn't Carter's birthday in July? As in six months ago? Yesiree it was. Did I blog about my only son's first birthday...nope. I know, it's a miracle they even let me still be a mom, huh? So without further ado, here is a post about Carter's birthday.

Carter was lucky enough to have three birthday parties! The first one was with my family in Vegas:

He had lots of chocolate cupcakes



Opened presents from Grandma and GrandpaHe got this fabulous suit and you can tell his cousin Moriah is envious
He rode on Grandpa's shoulders
Carter and Grandpa became good friends that trip

He swam naked in the little pool with Moriah
He spent time with Breezy and had a great time with my family


Of course the funny thing about every birthday party was that he HATED having happy birthday sung to him. He cried every time.




Then he had a party over Fourth of July weekend with the Great Grandma's in Temecula:

He had his first and very own Texas sheet cake


And finally the party on his birthday - I made two types of cupcakes: lemon with raspberries and chocolate with peanut butter frosting. The peanut butter frosting was a recipe from Barefoot Contessa and it was gooood. She sure knows her frosting.




3 comments:

betsey said...

I LOVE blogging Lorein! It makes me so happy. Keep the posts coming. It is like we are celebrating Carter's birthday all over again...yipppeee!

Phyllis said...

Lots of great pictures, and the video worked for me today. I don't know what was my computer's problem yesterday.

April Celeste Garff said...

Peanut butter chocolate cupcakes sound like heaven. When I lose the baby weight, I'll have to try them out. Yum!