Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Living with in-laws

A lot can be said on this subject - like never do it. But when it's your best option, it's good to have in-laws like the Crall's. We lived with my in-laws from May (right after Chris graduated from UCLA law) until November - when he got a job and we finally moved. Overall it was a good six months and we're very grateful they put up with us. Here are some highlights:


Swimming in the new pool and playing in the fabulous backyard
Wiffle ball and mostly carrying around the wiffle bat
Attempting to cut Chris' "toupee"/hair
Riding his Little Einsteins bike - "We've got a mission!"
Playing with Creimer, the big golden retriever
Squeegeeing Grandma and Grandpa's shower during bath time


Creimer and Mungo

These two pets were a major highlight for Carter, but were pretty much the bane of my existence. I'm really allergic to cats and somewhat allergic to dogs. Fortunately Shari and Chris (the in-laws) bought me a Dyson Animal vac and it helped quite a bit with the pet hair as long as I vacuumed everyday. Also, the cat is a mean cat that would hiss and swat at Carter every time he would go near her, and she has a weird belly thing - it hangs down practically to the floor. So she's not even a pretty cat. Ok, I'm done. I just had to get that all out there. I don't have a grudge with Creimer - except when he steps on my foot. He's a really big dog.

I'll try to end this post on a happier note - Carter dancing in the freshly vacuumed living room:




10 comments:

Clare said...

When we moved to Wisconsin, I never imagined we'd be living with my parents for almost 2 years. It was so good to be on our own again. I missed all our things, especially my pots & pans. I think Clint did great living with his in-laws, also. He has allergy issues with some cats, too, but not my parents' cat thankfully.

Driel said...

A woman of many talents, cutting hair, vacuuming, and taking care of Carter:-) We miss you!

Phyllis said...

Really great post, Lorein, but I can't get the video to play on my machine or dads. Is anyone else having trouble?

Kathy said...

No video for me either...but that's ok, it's great to have you back to the blog. So happy you have a job, an apartment, and to see pics of Carter! Wish it was in person, but great to get pics.kathy

Mary Ann said...

Dear Lorein -
A.) I'm SO EXCITED you are blogging and that there are new pictures of Carter...I was overjoyed at your blog updates....LOVE THEM!
2.) Congrats on the Law conference being over - YAY! Good job!
3.) Carter is THE CUTEST KID EVER!
4.) Mungo has sophisticated taste - and only likes older people (although I do agree that Carter deserves a better attitude from her) and can she help it if a spaying operation went bad....poor kitty witty
5.) I think you are an excellent blog writer - and I'm glad you have taken over;) Keep it coming;)

shari said...

Ah how we miss our daily vacuumer, grocery shopper, cook -- no wonder Lorein was relieved to move out! and our entertainment. Nothing entertains like Carter in the room.

We are proud of you guys and happy you can be back in your own home. Thems was good times though, never to be forgot.

shari said...

P.S. can I put in a request for some video of Carter vacuuming? I can't get the video either -- all the video is gone -- ut oh.

Katie said...

i love that the shower picture is perfectly censored. well done.

Lorein said...

Thanks everyone for the comments! Ok, the video should be working again. It worked when I first posted so I blame blogger. The anticipation is high now but it's really not that exciting. His dancing skills are better now so I'll have to get another video up soon.

Phyllis said...

The video is working well today, and it may not have been you at all. Late last night I could not get videos on Driel's blog to work either, but today everyone's are working.